Living by Butchulla Law on K’gari…
1. What is good for the land comes first
2. If you have plenty, you must share
3. Do not take what does not belong to you
If you’ve found this page then the chances are you’re interested in hearing more about how we do our bit for the planet. Maybe you’re curious to find out why we call ourselves Eco Warriors and you really care about how you spend your dollar.
Here at Drop Bear Adventures we are super proud to say that every aspect of our tours have been designed to not only provide our guests with an incredible adventure but also to be as environmentally sustainable as we can possibly achieve at present. Now, by no means are we saying that our gas guzzling 4WD business is environmentally friendly, we’re not complete idiots, but what are saying is that we take our Corporate Social Responsibility very seriously and we are always striving to better our business procedures to lower the impact that our adventure company has on the environment.
Drop Bear Adventures joins forces with Khory Hancock, aka The Environmental Cowboy to talk about the island’s ancient rainforests, endless sand dunes and pristine creeks. As well as sharing our passion to keep this beautiful place clean.
Drop Bear Adventures is a Plastic Free Champion! We’ve joined together with Plastic Free Noosa to create a film to hopefully inspire other companies within the industry to also become Plastic Free Champions and to do more for our planet.
Working together to help educate Fraser Island’s many visitors. Over the years it has become apparent to us that many people are not as fortunate as our guests and are often looking for information about our beloved Dingoes so we started #FraserDingoWatch to help educate!
Our CLIMATE ACTION PLAN
1. LOCALS SUPPORTING LOCALS…Shopping local has always been very important to us so when we started our baby business we wanted to carry this through. Read more here.
2. CONSCIOUS CONSUMING…We do our best to buy only when necessary and this often includes a lot of second hand buying. Read more here.
3. PLANET FRIENDLY PRODUCTS…Our products are all eco-friendly and are safe to put down the system. Read more here.
4. REDUCING WASTE…Food waste is one of our most challenging projects and is a continuous struggle behind the scenes at Drop Bear Adventures. Read more here.
5. REUSING VALUABLE RESOURCES…We reuse items as much as possible to avoid purchasing new products. Read more here.
6. RECYCLING VALUABLE RESOURCES…We are now the only company that recycles 100% of all the recyclable waste we produce, even the soft plastics! Read more here.
7. HARNESSING THE POWER OF RENEWABLES….We’re proud to say that our two properties on K’gari run entirely off solar power. Read more here.
8. SHARING KNOWLEDGE…Drop Bear Adventures is known for being a tour company that does more than show guests around K’gari. Read more here.
9. TRAINING OURSELVES…We love to share knowledge with our guests about ways to be more of a conscious consumer. Read more here.
10. Going Carbon Neutral…
We are super excited to announce that Drop Bear Adventures will be 100% Carbon Neutral by 2020! And what better way to fully commit to the first of the three Butchulla Laws. We are currently working closely with our good friend Khory Hancock aka The Environmental Cowboy on becoming Carbon Neutral. The Drop Bear team for the past year have been calculating all the waste (both landfill and recyclable) that is produced from our tours and staff, tracking the amount of diesel and petrol used for our cars, keeping track of the amount of meat and fish consumed on our tours as well as the amount of energy we preserve with our solar power on the island. It’s a big job, it’s a hard job but it’s a worthy job that we are all extremely passionate about because this island and this planet means so much to us all.
By 2025 Drop Bear Adventures plans to be Carbon Negative. Which in short means that we will be offsetting our carbon footprint either by planting trees or investing in seaweed farming or something else! Stay tuned 🙂