TERMS & CONDITIONS
At Drop Bear Adventures, we pride ourselves on our customer service skills and our ability to deliver a great experience to you, our guest. Through lots of hard work and dedication, we have developed what we believe to be the ultimate K’gari – Fraser Island tour. Guided by our passion for adventure, respect for nature and commitment to your experience our tours have become a little famous down under.
Our mission is to help you have a great time cruising the beaches and negotiating the sand dunes of K’gari – Fraser Island. Safety is our concern but it is all of our responsibilities and we ask that you pay attention to our instructions and ask should something not make sense, we are always happy to take the time to explain further. To help guide you into making the right choices for your safety and the safety of others whilst you are on the island we ask that you read our comprehensive Terms & Conditions carefully and be aware that you are acknowledge and accept these T&C’s when you book one of our tours.
Sadly not even Tesla has designed a vehicle that can withstand the extreme conditions that our much-loved 4WD trucks encounter on K’gari – Fraser Island/Cooloola National Park but please be assured that we maintain all our tour vehicles to the highest standards to ensure your safety. Despite our efforts, mechanical failure cannot be completely prevented and can happen through no fault of the driver or Drop Bear Adventures. We kindly ask for you to bear with us in the case of a breakdown and trust that we always have a solid Plan B ready to execute so you can relax and know that you are in very good hands.
Cancellation policy for Direct bookings: As a bonus of booking direct you can change your date of travel up to 2 times FREE of charge unless it is within 10 days of your travel date. For every change of travel date thereafter a $50 administration fee will be charged per person. All bookings cancelled/changed with less than 10 full calendar days notice prior to your booked travel date will incur a 50% charge of the total ticket price. Your All bookings cancelled/changed with less than 72 hours notice or failure to board the tour will incur a 100% cancellation fee unless the seat/s are purchased by another guest/s prior to the tours departure. An administration fee of $50 will be charged per person for all cancelled booking outside the 10 day notice period.
Cancellation policy for Travel Agent bookings: Any changes to travel dates will incur a $50 admin fee per person. All bookings cancelled/changed with less than 10 full calendar days notice prior to your booked travel date will incur a 50% charge of the total ticket price. All bookings cancelled/changed with less than 72 hours notice or failure to board the tour will incur a 100% cancellation fee unless your agent sells the seat/s to another guest/s prior to the tour departure. An administration fee of $100 will be charged per person for all cancelled booking outside the 10 day notice period.
Self-Drive Tag-Along Tour Terms & Conditions
All guests are responsible for:
- Listening to all the instructions/information from the Guide either by walkie-talkie or when they directly address the group.
- Drivers must follow the wheel tracks/direction of the Guide driven Lead Vehicle, keeping a safe distance of at least 3 car lengths from the vehicle in front and to only drive in a tag-along/convoy formation and in the order that the vehicles are set at the beginning of the tour.
- Seatbelt’s must be worn at all times by all guests when travelling in the vehicle and the responsibility starts and remains with the driver.
- Police do patrol Fraser Island and all road rules apply when driving on the beaches and inland tracks. Guests are responsible for obeying Queensland road rules and fines will apply if you are speeding or if the driver/passengers are not wearing their seatbelt.
- Vehicles are not permitted to be overloaded with passengers (maximum of 8 people in each vehicle) and must have nothing packed on the roof of any tag along vehicles.
- The Guide has the authority to refuse anyone suspected to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs from driving any vehicle.
- The Guide/Drop Bear Management reserves the right to remove guests from the tour if they feel that they are a threat to anyone’s safety or are negatively impacting the tour and/or other guests experience.
- It is the passenger’s responsibility to immediately inform the driver if they feel unsafe or believes damage could occur to the vehicle due to driver fault, speeding or not following the rules set in these terms and conditions and by the Guide.
- Individuals are responsible for any damages caused to any equipment/facilities at any accommodation facility provided including any camping equipment supplied, or any other equipment provided in conjunction with this tour as a result of negligence.
- Drop Bear Adventures accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to any personal belongings being stored or in transit. It is your responsibility to look after your belongings whilst travelling and we recommend that you purchase travel insurance whilst you are travelling in Australia.
- Tour itinerary’s and accommodation options are subject to change without notice due to tide times, seasons, weather conditions or any other circumstances such as QPWS closures.
All drivers are responsible for:
- ALL drivers must be 21 years of age or over, hold a current valid/full drivers licence, have held their licence for more than 12 months and have no drink driving convictions and/or other driving offences that have resulted in their licence being suspended/revoked from them within the last 5 years.
- ALL drivers are responsible for their traffic fines and/or any damages caused to the vehicle or other guests property as a result of driver negligence.
- Drivers must at all times follow the wheel tracks of the lead vehicle unless avoiding obstacles, sea water or it is deemed unsafe.
- Drivers will always keep at the speed of the lead vehicle and flash headlights or radio via 2-way if there are any problems.
- Drivers must always inform the lead driver when changing the driver of any tag along vehicles.
- Vehicles must NEVER be driven in sea/salt water!! A $100 FINE will apply if you drive in sea/salt water deliberately or if no attempt was made to avoid it and it could have been avoided safely!
- Drivers are not to drive while under the influence of alcohol or drugs and are fully responsible for the safety of all passengers travelling in the vehicle.
- If the vehicle is damaged, for example; gets flooded, immersed in water, stranded, incurs underbody damage, burnt out clutch, engine failure, gearbox failure, blown tyres, bent rims, battery misuse, suspension, handbrake, diff damage, glass or panels including the interior of the vehicle and all accessories due to unsafe/irresponsible driving or as a direct result of not following the rules of the Terms & Conditions set out in this document and/or by your Guide. As the vehicle driver you will be responsible for 75% of the damage costs and Drop Bear Adventures will pay the remaining 25% for vehicle repairs as well as the insurance for loss of income whilst the vehicle is being fixed/replaced.
- In the event of damages/accidents, the driver at fault is responsible for paying 75% of the cost incurred for repairs but not exceeding more than $1650. If the vehicle is a write-off the driver will pay up to $4000 for the car to be replaced. Vehicles are only insured with 3rd Party Insurance and are therefore not insured for damages caused to the vehicle/s due to driver error/negligence nor are they insured for single vehicle accidents caused by driver error. These charges will be immediately charged to the drivers credit card in full and following a full assessment of the damages within 14 business days the driver will be sent a comprehensive damage report/invoice and will be refunded the difference if damage costs are less than the original amount charged.
- Drop Bear Adventures accepts no responsibility for any deaths or injuries caused by the fault of the driver and/or passengers.
We will always attempt to have any problem fixed as quickly as possible and with minimal impact to your K’gari – Fraser Island experience but we will not compensate for any of the following:
- Guests missing connecting travel arrangements
- Any changes to the itinerary or missed components of the tour
- Damage to any personal items such as camera’s, clothing or backpacks etc
- Personal stress and anguish experienced due to a breakdown
- Time lost due to equipment failure or severe weather conditions
- Any impact on the tour due to Natural disasters, Cyclones or extreme weather conditions
Tour components not utilised are non-refundable and the tour price is subject to change without notice. Your safety and the care of your property is our concern but it is ultimately your responsibility. Drop Bear Adventures takes no responsibility for people acting irresponsibly or not following instructions given by our Guides. If your behaviour is deemed dangerous or unacceptable you will be asked to leave the tour with no compensation and will be charged for all additional transportation costs that are incurred by Drop Bear Adventures in order to remove you from the tour.
All Terms and Conditions, Cancellation Policies and Booking Policies are subject to change and you will be asked to sign our Terms and Conditions before you embark on any of our tours.