Whale watching in Hervey Bay will leave you with cherished memories to last a lifetime
The ultimate bucket list experience: watching breaching, pec/tail slapping, spy-hopping, majestic Humpback whales in their natural environment; sometimes so close to the boat you could almost touch them.This experience in Hervey Bay’s calm waters is like no other and on board Whalesong, you can relax and enjoy the entire experience!
Two daily cruises to choose from:
Whalesong’s Extended Morning Whale Watch will get you out on the Bay and interacting with the whales before the other boats, but still back in time to be able to make use of your afternoon. In addition, enjoy unlimited hot drinks, water, morning tea and lunch whilst cruising back to the marina.
Our Afternoon Cruise is great if you want to optimize your time in Hervey Bay as it enables you to fit in a whale watch cruise on the same day you arrive as we’re the last full-service boat to leave in the afternoon. Enjoy unlimited hot drinks, afternoon tea grazing platter whilst watching the whales. During the cruise back to the marina, we enjoy a dinner whilst taking in a stunning sunset Hervey Bay is known for.
And the greatest thing about this tours is: if you don’t see whales the legends from Whalesong Cruises will give you a free return trip until you do!
Watch this gentle giants and listen to them “sing” through a hydrophone!
Half Day Whale Watching Cruise
In addition to an incredible experience observing humpback whales in their natural environment, you’ll enjoy a real time commentary about all local marine mammals (humpback whales, dolphins, dugongs, sharks, turtles and bird life) as well as some local history of K’gari (Fraser Island) and the traditional landowners, the Butchulla people.
- Local knowledge and expert fauna commentary with an emphasis on whales
- Multi-lingual crew to give direct translation in French, German, Spanish and Italian – if preferred
- Multi-level viewing throughout the entire vessel
- Hydrophone to listen to the whales ‘sing’
- Free WiFi onboard
- Low passenger numbers (only carry max. 70% of actual capacity)
- Extra wide decks provide many excellent viewing and comfortable seating options
- Complimentary filtered water, loose leaf tea, herbal tea, coffee and milo available all cruise
- Delicious morning tea AND lunch on morning cruise; afternoon tea AND dinner on afternoon cruise. Special dietary requirements catered for on request and with reasonable notice.
- Fully licensed and well stocked bar
- Snacks, souvenirs and merchandise available for purchase
- Kids activity sheets
- Wheelchair ramps and accessible toilet
- Courtesy bus transfers from Hervey Bay accommodations
Departure: 15th July – 8th October 2023
Duration: Morning Tour 8am-1pm / Afternoon Tour 2pm-6pm
Location: Great Sandy Straits Marina, 17 Buccaneer Dr, Urangan, Hervey Bay, Queensland 4655, Australia.