Ever wondered what island life is really like? If you LOVE the great outdoors, are a keen camper and are generally a very handy mate to have on a camping trip why not apply for our Camp Host position and work at Drop Bear’s Wilderness Camp?
Now, before you get too excited there are a few skills that you must have to do this job
- hold a full open drivers licence and be over 21
- have outstanding customer service skills
- be a great public speaker
- be super organised
- be a very efficient worker
- and be an all round legend to work with!
This job as all jobs in our small team is extremely important to our guests experience on K’gari aka Fraser Island. Drop Bear Adventures has become famous for no other reason than our team of legendary owners, guides, volunteers, office and mechanical staff that all strive to be the best!
Our Camp Host job includes managing the camp and all that comes with that responsibility.
- washing up and scrubbing very dirty pots
- charging batteries
- collecting water
- setting up showers
- putting up tents
- moving camp
- cleaning toilets
- sending things off to the mainland to be washed or refilled (i.e. laundry, gas bottles etc)
- Welcoming our guests to camp 2-3 times a week and managing their interaction with the camp.
- Communicating with management to get things replenished or fixed
- taking rubbish to the refuse area
- Dingo Safety
- and having a laugh whilst you work.
This job requires 36 hours a week hard work over 5.5 days and pays $18ph. It’s a 3 month position that counts towards your send year visa too! The 1st week is a trail so we can see if you have what it takes to be a true Drop Bear. You will be provided 3 meals a day, living quarters at the Beachcamp Retreat (but will spend most of your time at the Wilderness Camp 800m’s away) and the use of a vehicle if you prove yourself to be a safe and responsible driver. To be part of Drop Bear Adventures is one of the most unique work experiences you will ever have, we are crazy passionate, dedicated and focused on our goal – to provide the most memorable K’gari experience for all the right reasons!!
So if you think you’ve got what it takes to be a Drop Bear, apply for this job now by emailing a 200 word write up about your awesome self to email@example.com and attach your resume/CV.
See you on Fraser soon,
Big Bear Hugs,
Team Drop Bear! [/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_gallery type=”carousel” images=”4394,4390,4418,4406,4402,4398″ title=”Camp Host “][/vc_column][/vc_row]