Cancellation policy: All bookings cancelled regardless of notice given will incur a $50 per person refund processing and administration charge. Bookings cancelled with less than 10 days notice prior to the day of tour departure will incur a cancellation fee of 50% of the total booking, bookings cancelled with less than 5 days notice prior to the day of tour departure or failure to board the tour will incur 100% cancellation fee. Please note that we are always happy to change the dates of your tour or issue an open dated ticket valid for 12 months ($50 administration fee).
At Drop Bear Adventures, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service and our ability to deliver a great experience. Through lots of hard work and dedication we have developed what we believe to be the ultimate Fraser Island tour. Though being different (some would say a little odd), super passionate and friendly our tours have become a little famous in our neck of the woods.
Our mission is to make every one of our guests have a great time cruising the beaches and negotiating the sand dunes of Fraser Island. PLUS – we also want all guests – and our cars – to return home safely so please read the following Terms & Conditions carefully and be aware that you are acknowledging and accepting these when you book.
There has not been a vehicle designed to withstand the extreme conditions that our vehicles encounter on Fraser Island/Cooloola National Park but you can be assured that we maintain vehicles to the highest possible standard to ensure your safety. Despite our efforts mechanical failure cannot be completely prevented and can happen through no fault of the driver or Drop Bear Adventures but rest assured we always have a solid plan B. 🙂
Self-Drive Tag-Along Tour Terms & Conditions
All guests are responsible for:
- Following the direction/instructions of the lead driver/guide and will only drive in the tag-along formation and in the order that the vehicles are set in at the beginning of the tour.
- Seatbelt’s must be worn at all times by all guests when travelling in the vehicle.
- Police do patrol Fraser Island and all road rules apply when driving on the beaches and inland tracks. Drivers are responsible for obeying Queensland road rules and fines will apply if you are speeding or if the driver/passengers are not wearing their seatbelt.
- Vehicles are not permitted to be overloaded with passengers (maximum of 8 people in each vehicle) and must have nothing packed on the roof of any tag along vehicle.
- The lead driver/guide has the authority to refuse anyone suspected to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs from driving any vehicle.
- It is the passenger’s responsibility to immediately inform the driver if they feel unsafe or believe damage could occur to the vehicle due to driver fault, speeding or not following the rules set our in these terms and conditions and by the driver/guide.
- Individuals are responsible for any damages to equipment/facilities at any accommodation facility provided including any camping equipment supplied or any other equipment provided in conjunction with this tour.
- Your driver/guide and the Drop Bear management team has the authority to remove anyone who is aggressive/abusive towards any fellow guests or Drop Bear Adventures staff.
- Drop Bear Adventures accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to any personal belongings being stored or in transit.
- Tour itinerary’s and accommodation options are subject to change without notice due to tide times, seasons, weather conditions or any other circumstances.
All drivers are responsible for:
- ALL drivers must be 21 years of age or over, hold a current valid/open drivers licence, have held their licence for more than 12 months and have no drink driving convictions and/or other driving offences that have resulted in their licence being taken from them in the last 5 years.
- ALL drivers are responsible for their traffic fines and/or any damages caused to the vehicle or other guests property as a result of driver fault.
- Drivers must at all times follow the wheel tracks of the lead vehicle unless avoiding obstacles, sea water or it is deemed unsafe.
- Drivers will always keep at the speed of the lead vehicle and flash headlights or radio via UHF if there are any problems or you wish to swap drivers.
- Drivers must always inform the lead driver when changing the driver of any tag along vehicle.
- Vehicles must NEVER be driven in sea/salt water!! A $100 FINE will apply if you drive in sea/salt water deliberately or if no attempt was made to avoid it and it could have been avoided safely!
- Drivers are not to drive while under the influence of alcohol or drugs and are fully responsible for the safety of the passengers travelling in the vehicle.
- If the vehicle gets damaged, for example; gets flooded, immersed in water, stranded, incurs under body damage, burnt out clutch, engine failure, gearbox failure, blown tyres, rims, battery misuse, suspension, handbrakes, diff damage, glass or panels including the interior of the vehicle and all accessories due to unsafe/irresponsible driving or as a direct result of not following the rules/Terms & Conditions set out in this document and by your driver/guide. As a driver you will be responsible for 75% of the damage costs and Drop Bear Adventures will pay the remaining 25% for vehicle repairs as well as the insurance for loss of income whilst the vehicle is being fixed/replaced.
- In the event of damages/accidents the driver is responsible for paying 75% of the cost incurred for repairs but not exceeding more than $1500. If the vehicle is a write-off the driver will pay up to $3000 for the car to be replaced. Vehicles are not fully insured for accidents occurring due to driver error or single person accidents due to driver error.
- Drop Bear Adventures accepts no responsibility for any deaths or injuries caused by the fault of the driver or passengers.
We will always attempt to have any problem fixed as quickly as possible and with minimal impact on your Fraser Island experience but we will not compensate for any of the following:
- Guests missing connecting travel arrangements
- Any changes to the itinerary or missed components of the tour
- Damage to any personal items such as camera’s, clothing or backpacks etc
- Personal stress and anguish experienced due to a breakdown
- Time lost due to equipment failure or severe weather conditions
- Any impact on the tour due to Natural disasters, Cyclones or extreme weather conditions
Tour components not utilised are non-refundable and price is subject to change. Your safety and the care of your property is our concern but it is ultimately your responsibility. Drop Bear Adventures takes no responsibility for people acting irresponsibly or not following instructions given by your driver/guide. If your behaviour is deemed dangerous or unacceptable you will be asked to leave the tour with no compensation and will be charged for all additional transportation costs.
All terms and conditions, cancellation policys and booking policys are subject to change at anytime without notice.
Call us between
8am - 6pm
363 days a year
We live on the island so
we're always pottering
around the hostel so feel
free to drop by in anytime!